What was going on this week at mswhs.com? Here’s your chance to catch-up if you missed something!
- HP MediaSmart Server Page Updated
- The MediaSmart Server page at HP has been updated to include links to reviews on the EX470 and EX475.
- Home Server Media Server and TV Recorder all in one
- The Media one (M one) is the new offering from Tranquil PC. It’s a Home Server, Media Server and TV recorder all in one. This single “One Box” solution from Tranquil PC enables you to: Watch live DVB-T television with time shifting (TV Pause)Playback of recorded TV programs Setup TV recording…
- Add-In: Photo Timeline
- Photo Timeline is an add-in by French developer Atomusk which allows you to show your pictures in a timeline and enables you to to zoom in and out using the mouse wheel. Full installation steps and additional information is available at the following forum post.
- Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo Home Server FAQ
- We Got Served has stated that Fujitsu Siemens have posted a Scaleo Home Server FAQ For which user is the SCALEO Home Server?How does the data protection work?What is SCALEO Power Management?What makes the SCALEO Home Server special?How many clients can be accessed with a SCALEO Home Server?Do I need…
- “Invalid file handle” Error Message – Help is at Hand
- Have you ever experienced the “Invalid file handle” error message when moving, copying or trying to delete files that reside on your Windows Home Server?We have a couple of ways for you to correct this problem. The 1st is a blog entry on the site “My Name is better than yours” that takes you…
- Windows Home Server saves Whiist!
Even experienced PC users like Whiist developer Andrew Grant can accidentally erase their Vista install. Luckily the Windows Home Server restore CD comes to the rescue! http://www.andrewgrant.org/2008/03/19/windows-home-server-saves-whiist.html
- Backup Data and More
- Tranquil PC have put up two some flash demos on Windows Home Server.The first is dedicated to the home user and takes you through backing up, streaming, centralizing storage, remote access, adding hard drives, network health and user accounts.The business use demo takes us through some amazing facts…
- Add-In: LightsOut
- The power management add-in LightOut is now available for download. The add-in allows you to place your home server in standby or hibernation mode at specific times as set via a calendar. To avoid the risk of data loss, the server will cleverly never go to sleep during an active data backup or…
- WHS Can tell you when it’s about to shut off due to a power outage
Have you ever wished that your Windows Home Server would tell you when it’s about to shut off due to a power outage? Well it can be done. Blogger Sean Daniel shows us by using a UPS, configuring the alerts in the power management control panel and by using 1 of 2 VBS scripts. All the […]